There comes a point in one’s life that you begin to look back at your life and wonder if you’ve done all that you wanted to do. I’m sure for many that answer would be a blunt no.
I have many regrets that I didn’t follow my heart; instead, I allowed fears and insecurities take over, and stop me from doing some of the things I’ve always wanted to do.
Perhaps I’m in the throes of the so-called “Mid-life Crisis,” or perhaps there are still longings in my heart that are seeking for a way to be heard, and realized.
What are some of those longings?
- Traveling and seeing the Rocky Mountains
- Traveling and experiencing the west coast (Pacific Northwest)
- Owning a second home/cottage in the Adirondacks
- Have at least one of my books published
- Have a circle of friends whom I’m close to
- Be involved in the creative community
- Be a full-fledged journalist (for the creative industry)
Most of these longings involved being outside the house; being involved in the lives of others; and being just plain active. None of which I am currently.
So therefore, I’m feeling very much alone, and disconnected.